Facebook Badge

Marie Faye Reillo Deriquito's Facebook Profile

Blog Archive

Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Faith Journeys



“Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.” -Matthew 5:9
I am thankful for another faith journey I just had. I’ve had lots before and been thru a lot but haven’t wrote anything about it so far except for short status updates, so I’m gonna title this Faith Journey 1, just in case I have to write more next time. I guess I have to start making a blog each time I have an experience. Everything that happened recently is part of my growing up and maturing in my faith. God is continually working through my circumstances to help fulfill and bring me to my destiny.
I have been reminded of things in God’s word this past week. First is, that any accusatory word is not from God but from the Devil, “he is the accuser of the brethren”(Revelations 12:10). Secondly, “For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against the spiritual forces of evil of the unseen world”(Ephesians 6:12). These verses gave me a new perspective on how I see an enemy or an attacker. It helps me to love the person and to pray and bless that person.
Knowing these, I finally gained the courage to speak up to someone. But sadly, more discouragement came, and I didn’t got the right response.
Today I have sought the Lord and asked why things didn’t turned out the way I thought it would. I did what I had to do trusting that it was God’s will, but I guess although it is God’s will and I did the right thing, it may be not yet in God’s timing. I was like those in Joshua 9:14 “..they examined the food but they did not consult the Lord”
God gave me these answers today. Paul says in Romans 12:18, "If possible, so far as it depends on you, be at peace with all men." So far as it depends on you. Jesus took every step required of a human being to make matters right with his enemies (he never sinned), and still they had things against him and were not reconciled to him.
We are responsible to pursue reconciliation, but live with the pain if it does not succeed. In other words, we are not responsible to make reconciliation happen. We are only accountable for our own response to a situation, we are not responsible for the other person’s response.
Joel Osteen’s sermon this morning was also relevant for me. It is about consulting God every time before we get involved with people. Because people are not always who they say they are. Never meet or talk with a person regarding an issue without meeting with the Lord first. Ask God how he wants us to respond, “God, am I suppose to fight this battle?” Inquire of the Lord first before we go into conflict. There is an approach that worked for some but not for everyone. And not because it worked before will it work again. We have to seek fresh manna everyday. God’s grace is new every morning.
David in the Bible always inquires on the Lord. Sometimes it is disheartening what the answer will be. In 2 Samuel 23:12, the Lord answered David’s question and said that the people will deliver him and his men into the hand of Saul. This must have saddened David, as betrayal wounds deeply. But God only answered according to His knowledge of man’s heart.
Sometimes, the timing is not right. We must wait on the Lord and seek divine guidance. In 2 Samuel 5:22 the Lord gave David a new tactic to defeat his enemies. The circumstances were the same. David could have attacked the enemy just as he did before. Yet God’s answer now was the opposite of the previous one. Before it was “Go up”, but this time God said “You shall not go up”. Everything seemed identical to human eyes, but God’s will must be sought each time, or victory is not insured. David always sought Divine guidance even though he had been successful in the first battle. He realized that each victory depended upon the Lord. David’s obedience was rewarded. God kept His promise and smote the enemy. I believe God will do the same thing for me in my renewed waiting and asking for fresh manna and wait upon God seeking fresh strength from Him.
I’m asking the Lord to please remind a person with these words and praying for that person to respond rightly and with humility and love:: Matthew 5:22-24 “But I tell you, don’t be angry with anyone. If you are angry with others, you will be judged. And if you insult someone, you will be judged by the high court. And if you call someone a fool, you will be in danger of the fire of hell. So, what if you are offering your gift at the altar and remember that someone has something against you? Leave your gift there and go make peace with that person. Then come and offer your gift.”
God’s promises for me are these: Psalm 44:5-7 Only by your power can we push back our enemies; only in your name can we trample our foes. I do not trust in my bow; I do not count on my sword to save me. You are the one who gives us victory over our enemies; you disgrace those who hate us.
Matthew 5:10-12 Blessed are those who have been persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are you when men cast insults at you, and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely [not truly], on account of Me. Rejoice, and be glad [that is, don't let your conscience be troubled as if you were guilty of their hostility], for your reward in heaven is great,
Isaiah 54:17 But in that coming day, no weapon turned against you will succeed. You will silence every voice raised up to accuse you. These benefits are enjoyed by the servants of the Lord; their vindication will come from me. I, the Lord, have spoken
https://youtu.be/GIuC9-4aB7Q

September 18, 2016








No comments: